Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: CM Rank Up Quest     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    206
    BG Level
    4

    CM Rank Up Quest

    Talk to Abquhbah

    Talk to Hagakoff@ the weapons store nearby

    Talk to Abquhbah

    Talk to Hagakoff

    Goto Aydeewa Subteranna @ I-9 on the map that connects to woods @I-6 (although in retrospect I think I-10 is closer but I was wandering around since I didnt know where to go)

    This is step I am on atm..

    Picked up scourshroom from N end of room and planted in patch on south end. Have been waiting in zone now.

  2. #2
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    After day change and zoning once it will let you pick a shroom. However I only picked 1, and talking to Abquhbah it failed to remove the rust. The dialog with Hagakoff and the taru leads me to believe the best time to pick it is during some kind of spore animation, so I'm going to watch for that again after day change (yes, I had to re-plant it and wait).

  3. #3
    Sci
    Sci is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    584
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    People in my LS picked theirs in the morning time and said they got 2 shrooms which apparently was all they needed. I got 1, and I'm waiting to harvest another batch atm. If I get 1 again, I hope that's enough to do it.

  4. #4
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    229
    BG Level
    4

    CS wildcat badge:

    CS @ Naja's secretary

    CS @ Whitegate weapons vendor

    Longer CS @ secetary

    Longer CS @ weapons vendor

    Entier Aydeewa from I-10 in Wajoam Woodlands

    Proceed to J-8, click the mushroom patch. Further south in the same large room there is another patch, click there to plant the mushroom you picked.

    Do the same at E-7 on the same map.

    Exit and reenter the zone, then wait until early morning the next game day and click both patches. Randomly you may get two, noone I know of has gotten less than one. It is possible to plant and harvest again from either point, and get more than 2 mushrooms.

    Return to secretary (not weapons vendor) for a cs. Clean 2 times for the rank up (presumably naja will *not* be happy if there is still a speck on her morgenstern). It is possible to continue cleaning or to suspend and finish another time (noone I know took this option however, it may be a trick). I am assuming that cleaning past the second time grants you a larger reward along with the rank up.

    Finish the cs and stop cleaning. Win. Get mythril peice (make sure you have *room* for peice or you will be watching entire cutscene again). Congratulations!

  5. #5
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    412
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    Rewatching cutscene shows that it can be polished up to 5 times, which presumably gives the big reward (Naja mentioned making the polishing work my official job in the 5-polish version.)

  6. #6
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,096
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    I only got 1 sprout the first time, so I had to polish it and then wait to do more later. Way later (after clearing every new ToAU mission), I came back with 3 sprouts, so polished it a total of 4 times. Got the same text the 3rd and 4th times. 1 mythril piece was the reward.

  7. #7
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    266
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ibi Risasi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    5 polishes gets you a bonus gold piece from Salaheem herself.

  8. #8
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Quote Originally Posted by jibini
    5 polishes gets you a bonus gold piece from Salaheem herself.

    As much as I would like to see the "bonus" cutscene, spending 2 more hours for 4k is big no ;/

  9. #9
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    250
    BG Level
    4

    I got two sprouts (one from each patch), and have since zoned multiple times and waited multiple game days, and am unable to pick any more scourshrooms to plant. The two patches that I picked from the first time say "there is nothing left to pick", and the ones I planted in originally say "there is a sparse patch of mushrooms here. However, you were unable to find a scourshroom."
    Am I doing something wrong?

  10. #10
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    You probably need to turn them in to Aquhbuh or whatever the crap his name is. Once the shrooms are picked, they're picked. You can't keep planting until you have more until you turn them in to the npc. I was going for the 5 polishes, and during the third CS to polish the weapon I remembered my inventory was full. So i told him not to polish it after all. After that Naja came in and the quest ended anyway, so it's possible if you have polished the weapon at least twice you will only be able to do 3 polishing cs total until naja stops you from polishing more.

  11. #11
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Anyone tried any of the CS assaults yet? Couldn't find a single person to try one with me yet, since everyone seems busy with nyzul isle. The lebros cavern one in particular sounds pretty fun, if the apkallu do indeed fight along with you.

    There have been reports that Qiqirn hunters have been collecting the eggs of our army's messenger apkallus. You are to join forces with the male apkallus in the area and eliminate the invading Qiqirn while protecting the females and their eggs.

Similar Threads

  1. Sergeant Major Rank Up
    By Marcicus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-11-18, 11:24
  2. Nyzul Rank Up Points
    By LordMagnus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-08-30, 13:10
  3. 1stLt Rank Up Quest
    By Ruin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2007-08-29, 13:48
  4. Do Excess Assault rank up points carry over?
    By Loziel in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-08-10, 08:26
  5. Assault rank up glitch?
    By VZX in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 2007-06-27, 13:47
  6. Chief Sergeant Rank Up
    By Brandson in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-03-08, 09:16
  7. SM rank up quest
    By Luftiig in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2007-02-15, 05:16
  8. Assault - Confirm Rank-Up Requirements?
    By Kyomu in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 2006-06-27, 17:49