FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy XV: Everyone Gets A Crossover Edition

New thread with the leak of the "GOTY" edition.

Rated by the ESRB
    Spoiler: show

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hopefully all the new content isn't Royal Edition specific. I suspect we'll be getting an exact PC release date within the next day or two to coincide with the Royal Edition.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't understand those new scenes, unless it's either part of one of the new DLC episode that happens to be included in this as well, or that they're expanding/retconning on the mess that was episode 14 since the game kinda just shoved you off to Insomnia with not much else going on once you hit Hammerhead.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

PC version confirmed coming on March 6th: http://www.novacrystallis.com/2018/0...ndows-edition/

Square Enix has also announced that the Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition of the game will release at the same time as the Royal Edition on March 6th and that, in order to help players optimize their PCs for the game’s launch, a benchmark tool and instructions will be available beginning February 1st, and that more information is available on the official website, including a list of specifications for minimum, recommended and 4K HDR.

Bad news for loyal customers who purchased the game and season pass already

Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition will be available for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One for $49.99 on March 6th 2018, and will feature new packaging art designed by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano.

The “Final Fantasy XV Royal Pack”, including new downloadable content in FFXV Royal Edition, will be available separately for $19.99 on the Playstation and Xbox stores. This purchasable pack allows existing players of FFXV the chance to enjoy all the new features by applying this pack to the base game.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So basically a boat, a few new bosses, a new zone (Niflheim), a new Armiger move and some cutscenes for $20?

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's not clear for me If it includes all the DLC releassed to date, I hope it will be like that.
    Edit : Just read on reddit and It will include all season pass content, so yeah, its bads news for people that already purchased the DLC's.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Didn't they just announce another 3 pack of DLC not too long ago?

So at some point, we'll just have to buy the Ultra Royal edition?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post

Probably yeah lol, there's a second season pass coming.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I mean, as much hate as I got for saying it, I said SE is going to milk and resell the living fuck out of XV because of how much it cost them lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I mean, as much hate as I got for saying it, I said SE is going to milk and resell the living fuck out of XV because of how much it cost them lol.
    Oh, no doubt they were going to.

SE's problem is then thats ALL they do for a console generation, effectively pushing the cycle back and then they repeat it for the PS5/NextBox because theyve gone so long without a flagship FF title.

If they start doing Type-0 and stuff like Octopath more often, then that cycle turns out to be okay. But they aren't. And it isnt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Last gen they went with the FFXIII trilogy and fans didn't really like that, now they're trying with the constant XV updates lol. We won't see XVI this gen for sure.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

at the very least, this does look like a complete game now lol. Although $20 could be saved as every unique, new cutscene was likely played in full in that trailer.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    at the very least, this does look like a complete game now lol. Although $20 could be saved as every unique, new cutscene was likely played in full in that trailer.
    It still sucks for 'loyals' I know SE are note the first one.

But you have those who bought the full digital game when it was broken. And now SE sayind Thanks for your money but if you us to 'fix the game' pay us more

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

With the engine done, I just don't understand why SE wont or isn't exploring a finished Versus.

You want me to drop 20$ on what amounts to a compromise between Sun/Moon and US/UM? Gotta do better than that. But I would gladly drop 60 for a complete Versus.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Eh, I'll get the add on anyway. I really want the Episode Ignis OST though...

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

With the engine done, I just don't understand why SE wont or isn't exploring a finished Versus.

You want me to drop 20$ on what amounts to a compromise between Sun/Moon and US/UM? Gotta do better than that. But I would gladly drop 60 for a complete Versus.
    This so much, there is a lot of usability with the engine they have and they could re-use a lot of assets to make a pseudo versus. The magic system would require the biggest make over for it to work tho.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kmexe View Post
    Edit : Just read on reddit and It will include all season pass content, so yeah, its bads news for people that already purchased the DLC's.
    Looks like I'm waiting on FFXV: Royale with Cheese Edition in 2019 then if they want to screw over the DLC/season-pass purchasers that hard, since they still got those other chapters to do to then resell at a budget price later down the road.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    This so much, there is a lot of usability with the engine they have and they could re-use a lot of assets to make a pseudo versus. The magic system would require the biggest make over for it to work tho.
    This alone may be whats most aggravating about Square's side of SE's business model over the last 15 years. Complain about budgets becoming so large when creating 3 new engines is your own fault and then turning around and abandoning what you just built just to complain again that the development cycle for games is so long.

Part of me wishes they would retire FF for a console generation now just to refresh everything and experiment outside of the box for a 6-7 year span. The Enix side never really does anything deep end flashy but experiments enough to have kept things not feeling stale or tired with every DQ entry.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think this game annoys me more and more each time more DLC or another version is announced. It's quite sad since I actually liked the base game too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast