+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Racing Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Auto Racing Thread

I honestly dont really care about any of the auto racing circuits but I know some people do.

Today is the Daytona 500. Danica Patrick got stuck in an accident of other people, including the drivers in 2nd and 3rd, in her last ever NASCAR race. Sucks, she was top 15 most of the day too.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Nascar is so fucking dumb, and no not because hurr durr only left etc, when it comes down to it the rules allow wrecking opponents and there's no penalty for it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Austin Dillon has won the Daytona 500 (in the 3 car)

BG Level

Can someone explain two things about that to me?

1. ESPN.com's headline a little before the end was that someone took "Stage 2" or something like that. Do they run this race in parts, or was that just a way to say that someone was the best during a portion after a specific portion?

2. How the hell is there overtime in a freaking race?

I watch the Indy 500 and follow some F1, so I don't know if NASCAR is just some weird system that I don't know of.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

1 continuous race in 3 stages. After the 1st 2, theres an automatic caution flag. Winner of the stage gets some extra pts towards the playoffs. Dont know why they started that, but its at least a year old

OT is so that races dont end under a yellow flag and boring, essentially

My parents watch nascar, so thats my understanding of the 2 questions

BG Level

Well that's weird as hell, but thanks for the clarifications. I figured the OT was related to yellows, but was thinking it was like soccer getting the time added on, or in this case, laps.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

If there's a crash/yellow flag in the last, idk 5 laps or so, they do OT, which is 1 more lap that flags can come out and then a final lap that is the end whether there is a crash or not

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

If there's a caution when there are more than 2 laps to go, they do a green-white-checker. If a yellow happens during the Green lap of overtime, they caution flag it and try a 2nd overtime. If another yellow happens in the 2nd overtime or caution happens on the white flag lap, they call it based on the scoring loops. All because fans get angry if a race ends in a yellow.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

So how about this start of the Formula 1 season. Vettel with 2 wins to start. Double retirement of Haas in Australia. Double retirement of the Red Bulls in Bahrain because Verstappen is an idiot. And a Ferrari mechanic got his leg broke from Raikkonen's unsafe pit release today.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Le Mans is on right now, Alonso chasing a win to be 2/3 of the way to the Triple Crown, he'd only need an Indy 500 win if he can get Le Mans done.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

NASCAR CEO Brian France Charged with a DWI & a Misdemeanor for Possessing Oxycodone after Running a Stop Sign in the Hamptons Sunday
    http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/st...lled-substance

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://apnews.com/1e070e4c6e090dc112a27216a24e1a44
    https://twitter.com/PlanBSales/statu...10023921979394

And now he has been fired.

Kyle Larson was fired Tuesday by Chip Ganassi Racing, completing a stunning downfall for the budding NASCAR star who uttered a racial slur during a live-streamed virtual race and then watched nearly every one of his sponsors drop him.

“After much consideration, Chip Ganassi Racing has determined that it will end its relationship with driver Kyle Larson,” Ganassi said. “As we said before, the comments that Kyle made were both offensive and unacceptable especially given the values of our organization. As we continued to evaluate the situation with all the relevant parties, it became obvious that this was the only appropriate course of action to take.“

Everything fell apart as primary sponsors McDonalds and Credit One Bank pulled their funding. Chevrolet suspended its relationship with Larson, and all but one commercial partner denounced Larson’s comment and indicated they were walking away.

Larson apologized in a video posted on his social media accounts.

“I made a mistake, said the word that should never, ever be said,” Larson said. “There is no excuse for that. I wasn’t raised that way. It is just an awful thing to say. I feel very sorry for my family, my friends, my partners, the NASCAR community and especially the African-American community.

“I understand the damage is probably unrepairable and I own up to that.”

He also reached out to many sponsors and friends to apologize. Brent Powell, president of Plan B Sales and Marketing, was the only sponsor to remain behind Larson. He said the driver called him personally to “express his regret about what transpired.”

“We know he is an awesome young man that made a mistake and we are going to stand behind him 100% and help any way we can,” Powell said.
    Kyle was looking at possible free agency and a bidding war that could have fetched him eight figures.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

NASCAR has officially banned the confederate flag from being displayed at all races, the social media meltdown from so many fans is incredible but also so many in support of it that it’s kind of refreshing.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    NASCAR has officially banned the confederate flag from being displayed at all races, the social media meltdown from so many fans is incredible but also so many in support of it that it’s kind of refreshing.
    https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...-superspeedway

NASCAR fans made their support for the flag known at Talladega.

Vehicles lined the boulevard outside Talladega Superspeedway in Lincoln, Alabama, waving the flag and a plane flew above the track towing a banner of a Confederate flag that read, "Defund NASCAR."

A pickup truck with Confederate flags flying from the back tooled around Speedway Boulevard. Ed Sugg's merchandise tent flew them prominently in a display alongside Trump 2020 banners and an American flag.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Backlash for track owner offering 'Bubba Rope'

The owner of a North Carolina racetrack said he has faced death threats, lost employees and seen "all but two" of his sponsors evaporate amid the backlash over his social media post invoking the noose found in the garage stall of Black NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace.

Mike Fulp, who owns the half-mile, dirt-track 311 Speedway in Stokes County, told the News & Record he knew his troubles from what he described as a joke were self-inflicted.

Fulp's post advertised "Bubba Rope" for sale on Facebook Marketplace the day after an FBI investigation determined the noose found at the Talladega Superspeedway garage had been there since at least October and was a coincidence, not a hate crime.

"I've lost all but two of my sponsors," Fulp told the newspaper. "I'm responsible. I'm responsible for trying to make some jokes."

Fulp said he's been getting death threats and received messages threatening his family.

"My employees got harassed," he said. "I had seven employees quit."

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Jimme Johnson got the 'rona

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag